Cashew Quinoa Breakfast Muffins
Loaded with quinoa, cashew butter, and Fiber One cereal these power packed muffins deliver protein, healthy fats and high-quality fiber!
Serves: 12Prep: 20 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 cup Fiber One® Cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cashew butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon flax seed (optional)
- Combine quinoa and cereal in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, cashew butter and egg. Stir in vanilla. Whisk in milk a quarter cup at a time until incorporated.
- Add milk mixture to cereal mixture; stir until combined. Stir in flax seed, if desired.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin liners; spray inside of liners with cooking spray. Divide muffin batter equally among cups. Top with additional cereal and/or flax seed if desired.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from pan, cool on a wire rack.