Cashews make this soup thick and creamy and provide a serving of heart-healthy fat.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 1 large Vidalia onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ tsp. dried tarragon
- Coarsely chop zucchinis.
- Spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add onion to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in chopped zucchini, salt, and pepper and cook, covered, occasionally stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cashews and tarragon. Pulse soup in blender in 1 to 2 batches, blending until uniform in texture, but not smooth.
- Serve hot.