Catalonian Honey Garlic Mayonnaise
This sweet version of aioli has a unique flavor that goes well with a Spanish surf and turf of shrimp and lamb. Any flavor of honey you like, such as orange blossom, blackberry, or lavender, can be used.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 large pasteurized egg
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- Put the pressed garlic, egg, and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade and pulse briefly to combine.
- Turn the machine on and slowly pour the olive oil in a thin stream through the feed tube in the top until all of it is incorporated and emulsified. Add salt to taste.
- Put the aioli in a bowl and stir the honey in by hand with a whisk.