Cats' Tongues, or Langues de Chat, are French cookies similar to madeleines or lady fingers. They are a perfect embellishment for a bowl of ice cream.
Makes: 36 cookiesHands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
Makes: 36 cookies
- ½ cup softened unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat egg whites and vanilla until stiff peaks form; fold into butter mixture. Carefully sift flour over top; fold in.
- Put dough in a pastry bag and pipe 3" long cookies.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool.
- Dip one end of cookie in melted chocolate; allow chocolate to set.