Cauliflower and Cheddar Soup
Cauliflower, a cruciferous vegetable, contains compounds that may prevent cancer.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- Heat oil in a large pot, and sauté onion and celery until translucent. Add cauliflower and chicken stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Purée soup in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Return soup to pot and bring temperature to medium-low heat. Add cheese, salt, and pepper, continue to cook and stir until cheese is melted and well integrated.
- Add milk and stir into the soup. Add more chicken stock if the consistency of the soup is too thick.