Cauliflower Curry Bisque
This is a delicious soup to serve as a first course before a spicy Indian meal. This recipe makes four servings, but you can easily increase the quantity.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- ¼ lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into ½" dice
- 3½ cups chicken stock
- ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the sugar and curry powder. Stir to blend. Add the cauliflower and potatoes and stir to blend. Add the stock and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the vegetables to a food processor fitted with a metal blade; process until smooth. Transfer the purée back to the saucepot and heat through, stirring to prevent scorching. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt and mint.