Cauliflower Fried "Rice"
You’ll be surprised how good this grain-free fried "rice" is.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 medium cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄2 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until the pieces are the size of rice or couscous. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs with 1 tablespoons soy sauce. Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the beaten eggs and cook 2 minutes until golden and cooked through. Remove eggs from skillet and set aside.
- Return the skillet to the stove and increase heat to high. Add the remaining oil to the pan and add the onion. Stir fry until the onion is soft and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add the carrots and stir fry 2 minutes. Add the peas and cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining soy sauce and honey. Toss to coat. Remove from the heat and top with the scallions. Serve immediately.