Cauliflower fritters are a very creative and easy way to get kids (and yourself) to eat cauliflower, a super vegetable packed with nutrients. These are good as a side dish or even as a light dinner or snack.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 small cauliflower
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- Cut the cauliflower into medium-sized florets and steam or blanch in boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes, until tender but still firm to the bite.
- Beat the egg whites in a mixer, until stiff. Gradually add the egg yolks, salt, and pepper. Turn off the mixer and add the flour, folding with a spatula.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Dip a piece of cauliflower in the egg batter and fry until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with all the cauliflower. Drain on a plate covered with paper towels.
- Eat hot or at room temperature with salsa.