Made with cauliflower instead of potatoes, these gluten-free gnocchi have the same texture as those pillowy dumplings you’re used to, plus they’re suitable for any diet.
Serves: 6Prep: 45 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 2 packages (12 oz. each) Kroger Brand Traditional Favorites Frozen Cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup cassava flour
- 1⁄3 cup potato starch
- Cook cauliflower according to package instructions until tender. Drain any liquid. Let cool.
- Place cauliflower in clean kitchen towel. Squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- In bowl of food processor, combine cauliflower, salt and olive oil. Process until smooth, scraping sides down as needed.
- Add cassava and potato starch. Process until mostly combined.
- Dust counter or surface with cassava flour. Turn mixture out on prepared surface; knead a few times to make cohesive dough. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Divide dough into 6 pieces. Roll each piece into a 1”-thick rope; cut into 1”-wide pieces.
- Bring pot of salted water to simmer. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until gnocchi floats. (Boiled gnocchi can be cooled and stored refrigerated or frozen and reheated later).
- Serve gnocchi topped with sauce or pan-fried in butter for crisp texture. Garnish with fried sage leaves, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.