Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 large cauliflower head, cut into small florets, core sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated farmer cheese
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling over high heat. Add lemon juice and season with salt. Add cauliflower florets (but not the core); cook until firm to the bite, about 3 minutes. Transfer florets to a colander and drain, saving water. Add sliced cauliflower core to same water and cook until firm to the bite, about 2 minutes. Transfer to another colander to drain.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add onions and garlic; cook until onions are tender, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and crushed red pepper. Add cream and bring mixture just to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and add Cheddar, mozzarella, and farmer cheeses, stirring until melted but not boiling. Add cauliflower florets and slices and stir to coat with mixture. Remove skillet from heat and add salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a medium baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour cauliflower mixture into prepared baking dish and top with Parmesan cheese. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.