Cauliflower Hash Browns
These savory, low-carb hash browns are stuffed to the gills with ham, cheese, and scallions. Enjoy topped with a dollop of sour cream or with a fried egg for a new breakfast delight.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 scallions, sliced, divided
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 large eggs
- 8 oz. cubed cooked ham
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Preheat and grease a waffle iron. Set aside 1 tablespoon sliced scallions.
- Remove leaves from cauliflower. Use a cheese grater or food processor with a grating attachment to shred the florets and stems into shavings. Transfer grated cauliflower to a bowl and stir in eggs, remaining scallions, ham, olive oil, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon about 1⁄2 cup of the mixture into the center the waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Gently remove from iron with a fork and spatula. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Garnish with parsley and reserved scallions.