Cauliflower Leek Soup
This incredibly creamy soup uses no cream at all.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 medium leeks, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Cook the leeks and onions for 4 minutes, stirring, until tender. Be careful not to overcook the leeks and onions; they should retain their original color.
- Add the cauliflower and stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and purée until smooth. Return the soup to the pot to warm. Season with salt and pepper. Top with pine nuts and parsley to serve.