Serve with an assortment of salsas.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- Rinse the cauliflower, remove the outer leaves, and separate into florets. Cook in boiling water until almost tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites until they form rounded peaks. Beat the egg yolks until smooth. Pour the yolks into the whites gradually, beating lightly with a fork to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Roll the cooked cauliflower in the flour, then dip in the eggs, coating well.
- Heat the oil to 375° in a frying pan. Add a few cauliflower florets at a time and fry until brown on all sides.