Cauliflower and Turkey Bacon Quiche
You can replace the turkey bacon with pork bacon, ham, or sausage in this delicious quiche.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 package (14.1 oz.) refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 8 oz. turkey bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 small onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1⁄8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Press pie crust into a deep-dish pie pan and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Fry bacon until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels. Drain all but 1 tablespoon fat from the skillet and return to the heat.
- Add onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower and sauté until the cauliflower is slightly translucent and beginning to soften, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Toss with the bacon and cheese. Spread evenly in the pie shell.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with milk, salt, pepper, thyme and nutmeg. Pour over the cauliflower mixture.
- Place the quiche in the oven and bake 50 to 55 minutes until the top is lightly brown and the center is slightly puffed and set. Remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes before serving. Serve warm.