Cauliflower with Dijon Mustard Sauce
Creamy soy milk with the combination of Dijon mustard in this dish makes it an exceptional side dish. The mustard sauce is a nice color contrast to the cauliflower.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ lb. cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2½ cups soy milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Steam cauliflower until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour, stirring constantly. Continue cooking for one minute, still stirring. Add mustard. Stir until mixed thoroughly. Gradually add soy milk, whisking continuously until it thickens into a smooth sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Place cauliflower in a medium-sized ovenproof dish. Pour sauce on top then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place dish under a preheated broiler for 5 minutes. Top will become lightly browned.