Cauliflower with Dilled Shrimp Sauce
Steamed cauliflower serves as a healthy substitute for pasta in this savory main dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into florets and steamed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb. cooked baby shrimp, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup dill fronds
- Melt the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté gently until the onion is translucent, stirring occasionally. Stir in the shrimp and cook 5 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pot over medium heat, then stir in the flour to make a roux. Whisking constantly, pour the vegetable broth and milk into the roux in a steady stream until the sauce thickens and begins to bubble.
- Divide cooked cauliflower and shrimp onto 4 serving plates. Top with sauce, black pepper, and dill fronds.