This chili is medium on the heat-o-meter. If you are looking for five-alarm chili, add more chipotles or a chopped jalapeño or two for some kick!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chipotles in adobo
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 3 cups organic beef stock
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir-fry onion, celery, peppers, parsnip, and garlic in oil for 10 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink (about 7 minutes).
- Stir in chipotles, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and salt. Add tomatoes and stock. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes.