Cavolfiore Fritto (Fried Cauliflower)
You can also use the batter in this recipe for frying a number of other vegetables, such as blanched broccoli, mushrooms, peppers, and asparagus.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 head cauliflower, blanched and shocked
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Mix in the cheese and milk.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour and bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large frying pan with a lid. Dip the florets in the egg mixture, then dust with the bread crumb mixture. Place in the hot oil. Sauté on all sides until lightly brown and fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain on a rack lined with paper towels. Serve hot.