Cayenne Cheese Straws
Have fun with these! You can cut them thick or thin and twist them tightly or loosely before you place on baking sheet.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (14.1 oz.) refrigerated pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread 1 circle of pie dough on a flat work surface. Sprinkle cheese over dough. Top with second circle of dough and press together.
- Cut long strips about 1 inch wide from the dough. Twist the strips into spirals and place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper. Bake until slightly brown, about 8 minutes.