Cedar Plank Crab Cakes
Grilling crab cakes on a cedar plank adds a nice smoky depth to the subtly sweet crab.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large cedar plank, soaked in water for at least 2 hours
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 16 ounces Private Selection™ Wild Caught Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, relish, mustard and smoked paprika. Refrigerate until time to serve.
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- In a bowl combine crab, breadcrumbs, egg, green onion, garlic and salt. Form in to 8 crab cakes and place on soaked cedar planks; brush with melted butter.
- Place cedar plank on the grill and cook 12-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 155°F.
- Serve crab cakes with smoked paprika sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.