Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon
It’s the ultimate flavor agent: using a cedar plank to grill salmon imbues a woodsy, smoky taste and aroma into the dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Cedar cooking plank
- 16 oz. raw salmon fillet
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. coarse salt
- 2 tsp. crushed black peppercorns
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Prepare cedar plank by soaking in warm water for at least 1 hour. Meanwhile, heat a charcoal or gas grill to 350°F.
- Season salmon with sugar, salt, and peppercorns. Scatter garlic slices over salmon. Transfer salmon, skin-side down, to prepared plank.
- Grill salmon for 15 minutes until fully cooked.