Cedar Plank Thai Grilled Salmon with Coconut Rice
A little added smoke from the cedar plank is a nice touch to this fun Thai take on barbecue salmon.
Serves: 4Prep: 2 hours 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large cedar plank, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed
- 1 can (13.66 oz.) coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon filets, 4-5 oz. each, skin removed
- 1⁄2 cup Private Selection™ Thai Inspired BBQ & Basting Sauce, plus more for serving if desired
- Cilantro, if desired
- In a medium saucepan combine rice, coconut milk, water and salt. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook 18-20 minutes until rice is tender; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Coat salmon thoroughly with BBQ sauce and arrange in a single layer on prepared cedar plank.
- Place plank on the grill and close the lid. Cook 12-15 minutes or until salmon flakes easily and the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Serve salmon over coconut rice with additional sauce and cilantro if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.