Chai Chocolate Crackles
If you love Chai, these spicy, chocolaty cookies are the perfect treat. For a little more heat, add 1⁄4 teaspoon of cayenne.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Cream butter and granulated sugar together. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, cardamom, and pepper together; blend into butter mixture. Cover tightly; chill at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Using a teaspoon to measure, roll dough into balls. Roll in confectioners’ sugar to coat thoroughly. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Cool completely.