Chai Oatmeal Cookies
Scented with a quintet of spices, these cookies are best served with an ice cold glass of milk or nondairy milk. Add chocolate chips, dried fruit, or chopped nuts if desired.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. sodium-free baking powder
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. ground cardamom
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Measure oats, flour, sugars, and butter into a mixing bowl and beat well. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto the lined baking sheet. Place sheet on middle rack in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.