Chai Oatmeal Cookies
Scented with a quintet of spices, these cookies are best served with an ice cold glass of milk or nondairy milk. Add chocolate chips, dried fruit, or chopped nuts if desired.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. sodium-free baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Measure oats, flour, sugars, and butter into a mixing bowl and beat well. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto the lined baking sheet. Place sheet on middle rack in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.