Charcoal-Grilled Barbecued Beef Ribs
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 4 lbs. beef back ribs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- Trim the fat from the ribs. Mix together the salt and black pepper and sprinkle evenly onto both sides of the ribs. Rub the mixture into the surface of the ribs.
- Arrange hot coals around a drip pan in the bottom of a kettle-type grill. Place the ribs on the grill grate directly over the drip pan. Cover and grill for 1 to 1½ hours or until the ribs are tender, adding hot coals as needed.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, mix together the onion, honey, ketchup, molasses, chili powder, garlic, and dry mustard. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Brush sauce over ribs during last 15 minutes of cooking. Cut into serving size pieces and serve with remaining sauce.