Charcoal-Grilled Barbecued Pork Ribs
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 4 lbs. pork ribs (about 3 slabs)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups gluten-free barbecue sauce
- Brush lemon juice over ribs. Rub with salt and pepper, and brush with oil.
- Place a drip pan in bottom of grill and surround with hot coals. Put a couple cups of water in the pan and place the ribs over the pan.
- Place 1 cup barbecue sauce in serving bowl; set aside. Baste pork with remaining sauce, cover grill, and cook for 30 minutes. Turn ribs and baste again with sauce. Cover and cook for another 2 hours, turning and basting often.
- When done, the meat will be crusty on the outside and tender on the inside. Warm with the unused barbecue sauce and serve with ribs.