Cheddar and Bacon Mashed Potatoes
This lovely variation of typical mashed potatoes will surely impress your guests.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 4 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 2 1⁄2 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp while turning over several times. Remove bacon from skillet and place on paper towels to drain. Crumble into small pieces and set aside.
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain potatoes thoroughly and place back into saucepan. Add sour cream, milk, salt, and pepper and mash with potato masher or hand mixer on medium-high speed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with cheese and bacon on top.