These delicious Cheddar cheese biscuits are quick and easy to make.
Serves: 15Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 6 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine flour, 1⁄2 cup Cheddar cheese, baking powder, salt, cream of tartar, and sugar and mix well. Cut in butter until the mixture is even and resembles coarse sand. Stir in milk until a dough forms.
- Tip dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead about eight times. Using a rolling pin, roll dough (or stretch with your hands) into a 10-by-15-inch rectangle (1⁄4 inch thickness). Cut into 15 squares and place on prepared baking sheets, sprinkle the top with the remaining cup of Cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve warm.