Cheddar Dill Soup
This hearty soup is savory and slightly sweet. It’s the perfect midweek meal, when the family is chilled and wants to warm up in a hurry.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1½ cups sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1½ Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the carrot, celery, and onion. Season with salt and pepper and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes. Add the flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium-high, pour the broth into the pan, and stir well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Sir in the cheese a handful at a time until incorporated. Stir in dill. Simmer for 5 minutes more. Serve hot.