Cheery Cherry Crisp
This dish works equally well with blueberries or raspberries.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup butter, divided
- 2 lbs. fresh sour cherries, stemmed and pitted
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2⁄3 packed cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking dish with 1⁄2 teaspoon butter. Put the cherries in the baking dish. Add the water.
- In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, oats, flour, and cinnamon. Cut in the remaining butter with a pastry cutter or two knives. Continue doing this until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the cherries. Cook, uncovered, for 40 minutes, or until the top is brown and bubbly. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.