Cheese and Green Onion Popovers
These fun popovers pair with just about any main dish. Plus, they're perfect for dinner guests of any age…even the little ones!
Serves: 9Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups Kroger® 2% Reduced Fat Milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Generously spray a popover pan or 9 custard cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs well with an electric hand mixer, then add the milk in and beat on low until combined. Stir in the flour, salt and melted butter.
- Fold in the cheese and green onion, then pour into the prepared popover pan half full.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until puffed and golden brown. Remove from the pan by running a knife around the edges. Serve and refrigerate leftovers.