These little crackers are excellent served warm with soup. They can be reheated in a toaster oven until they sizzle.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup reduced-fat margarine
- 1½ cups shredded low-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- ⅔ cup shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 2 Tbsp. 1% milk
- ½ tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine margarine with cheeses, mustard, milk, salt, and jalapeño pepper; beat until combined. Add flour and mix just until a dough forms.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shape dough into ½" balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Press each ball with the bottom of a drinking glass to flatten to a ⅛" thickness. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake crackers until light golden brown around edges, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and let cool completely on wire rack. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.