Cheese Cracker Wrapped Olive Balls
These go well with any drink, and they’re a hit at any party.
Makes: 35Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 oz. extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (8 oz.) pimento-stuffed green olives, drained
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cheese, butter, salt, garlic, and cayenne in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse several times until completely mixed together. Add flour and pulse several times; the mixture will start to come together. Move the dough to a work surface and knead until a soft ball forms. If the dough is dry and crumbly, add a teaspoon or two of water.
- Roll a tablespoon-sized piece of dough into a ball and flatten into a circle. Place an olive in the center and wrap the dough around the olive, sealing it inside with your fingers. Move to the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining olives and dough, placing them 1" apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until just starting to turn brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.