Served hot, this dip is hearty and satisfying, and can be rich and sinful or light and healthy depending on the cheese you use, the flavorings you add, and the dippers you serve with it. Try substituting shredded Swiss cheese and adding sautéed mushrooms. If you don't have fondue forks handy, bamboo skewers make a great substitute for dipping into the fondue.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. Brie cheese
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. minced shallots
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup white grape juice
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- 8 oz. Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into cubes
- Remove rind on Brie, cut into cubes, and toss with flour. Set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, sauté shallots in butter for 3 minutes, add juices, and reduce (thicken) the liquid at a simmer for about 15 minutes. Turn heat to medium low.
- Whisk in brie cubes, a few at a time, until they are all melted. Grate in the Parmesan cheese, stir to combine. Remove from heat after all cheese is well-incoporated.
- Pour into fondue pot over heat source and serve with bread cubes for dipping.