Pesto can stand on its own as a sauce, or you can use just a spoonful to add extra flavor to a number of other dishes—especially stews, soups, and sauces. This version of the traditional Ligurian sauce uses no cheese.
Serves: 32Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 bunches fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 bulb garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, pulse the basil, garlic, and pine nuts until well chopped and blended.
- Slowly pour in the oil and blend until relatively smooth. Use as desired. (Do not store—pesto should be made fresh for each use.)