Cheese and Garlic Breadsticks
Make these flaky, flavorful breadsticks using store-bought puff pastry, homemade garlic-butter, and grated cheese.
Serves: 15Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 box (11 oz.) puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a shallow microwave-safe dish, mix butter and garlic. Cook on 50 percent power for 1 to 2 minutes, until garlic is fragrant, checking every 30 seconds to prevent spattering and burning. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another shallow dish, combine cheeses with Italian seasoning.
- Unroll puff pastry dough on a cutting board, brush the top with garlic-butter, and cut into 15 strips (1 by 10 inches). Place strips on the prepared baking sheet, sprinkle with seasoned cheese, and bake for 12 to 16 minutes, or until puffed and light golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.