Cheese Herb Muffins
These muffins have the best flavor because of the combination of herbs and cheeses.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 cup diced Colby cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 12 muffin cups with cupcake papers or spray with nonstick baking spray containing flour; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chives, and thyme and mix well.
- In small bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, and oil and beat until combined. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until mixed. Fold in Colby and Parmesan cheese.
- Fill muffin cups 2⁄3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until muffins are light golden brown and firm. Cool on wire rack.