Cheese and Potato Pancakes
You can change this recipe by trying different types of cheeses, or even give a sweet potato pancake a chance!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- In a large pot, bring sufficient water to a boil to cover potatoes. Add potatoes, and cook until potatoes are tender, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool potatoes, shred them, and set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine milk, margarine, and garlic. Bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Mix in the potatoes, and then blend in the cheese until even thickness. In a large skillet, heat oil on low heat, and pan-fry pancakes until browned on both sides.