Cheese and Rice Balls
Melted cheese in the center of crisp rice balls adds the perfect touch, and the salsa adds some sweetness and spice.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cubed Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 cup salsa
- Add Parmesan cheese to the rice; mix well. Add egg, egg whites, and Dijon mustard and mix until combined. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Form rice mixture into 1-inch balls. Insert a cube of Cheddar cheese into each ball. Sprinkle bread crumbs onto shallow plate. Roll rice balls in the bread crumbs and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until balls are golden brown and crisp on the outside. Serve with salsa.