Cheese Steak Sandwiches
For a bit of acidity and spice, top your cheese steak sandwiches with pickled hot peppers.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. rib eye steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls (6"), split and lightly toasted
- Season the beef with salt and pepper. Heat wok over medium heat and add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add onion and bell peppers and cook approximately 3–4 minutes.
- Push the items to the side of your wok and add the beef. Quickly stir-fry the beef for 3–4 minutes or until brown.
- Lay the cheese over the beef, cover, and allow the cheese to melt. Divide the meat and cheese among the rolls; top with vegetables. Serve immediately.