Cheese Steak with the Works
In Philadelphia, home of the cheese steak, there are entire restaurants devoted to making this iconic sandwich with thinly sliced steak, melted cheese, and grilled vegetables piled on a hoagie roll.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 slices onion
- 1⁄4 medium red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, sliced
- 1⁄4 medium green bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, sliced
- 1 hoagie roll, split lengthwise
- 5 thin slices cooked steak
- 1⁄4 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- Preheat the panini press. In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Pour onto a heated panini press and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to a medium bowl. Place steak strips on to the press and grill until warmed through. Transfer to the bowl with the vegetables and toss.
- Nestle vegetable and steak mixture onto the bottom of roll. Sprinkle with cheese and cover with the top of roll. Place on the panini press and cook until cheese melts, about 4 minutes. Cut in half and eat.