Cheese Stuffed Breadstick Bones
These fluffy breadsticks with a cheesy filling will have you saying "bone" appetit!
Serves: 16Prep: 25 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (13.8 oz.) refrigerated canned pizza dough
- 8 mozzarella string cheese sticks, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce, heated
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Pat pizza dough into a 12”x 16” rectangle. Cut into 16 long rectangles approximately 6”x 1”each.
- Place 1 piece of string cheese in the center of each piece of dough. Brush edges with egg wash, pinch to seal.
- To form bone shape, tie each end into a loose knot or pinch and form into a slight “v” shape; place on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix Parmesan and garlic powder together. Brush each breadstick with egg wash and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.