Cheese and Veggie-Stuffed Artichokes
This is a delicious main dish is perfect for a light lunch. Serve with iced green tea and some fruit sorbet for dessert.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 4 globe artichokes
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- In medium bowl, combine Havarti, Parmesan, yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, scallions, and capers and mix well. Stir in carrots, tomatoes, and salt, and set aside.
- Cut off the top inch of the artichokes. Cut off the sharp tip of each leaf. Pull off the tough outer leaves and discard. Rub cut edges with lemon wedges. Cut artichokes in half lengthwise.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add lemon wedges. Add artichokes and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until a leaf pulls easily from the artichoke. Cool, then carefully remove choke with spoon. Stuff artichokes with the cheese mixture.
- Preheat broiler. Place artichokes on a baking sheet and broil 3 minutes before serving.