These little sesame seed buns pack a flavorful punch stuffed with classic cheeseburger ingredients.
Serves: 32Prep: 40 minutesCook: 2 hours 20 minutesTotal: 3 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small chopped onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup drained dill pickle relish or finely chopped dill pickles
- 32 frozen dinner roll dough, thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line baking pan with parchment paper. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard; refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a 12” skillet over medium high heat cook ground beef, onions, salt and pepper until beef is browned and cooked through. Remove from heat to stir in cheese and pickles; cool completely.
- Flatten 1 piece of dough, place 1 tablespoon of meat mixture in the center and tightly pinch dough closed around it. Place on prepared pan. Repeat with remaining dough pieces. Brush rolls with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Serve with sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: Frozen rolls take 2-3 hours to thaw at room temperature.