Cheeseburger Pasta Casserole
This casserole is packed with all of the flavors you love about a cheeseburger, but in one easy dish. It is ready in 30 minutes and is sure to be a family favorite.
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked campanelle pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Chopped dill pickles, for garnish
- Chopped tomatoes, for garnish
- Heinz® Ketchup, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9”x13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot, cook the pasta to al dente, according to package instructions. Once the pasta is done, drain well and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion and bell pepper until tender. Add ground beef and cook until fully cooked through. Add the minced garlic and sauté for a few minutes, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add the salt, pepper, tomato paste, and diced tomatoes to the meat mixture. Allow to come to a boil and let thicken. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the meat mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour half of the mixture into the prepared baking dish, then sprinkle with one cup of cheese. Layer the other half of the meat mixture, then the remaining cheese on top.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then garnish with chopped dill pickles and chopped tomato.