This recipe is for a basic creamy cheesecake that can be served plain or with a variety of toppings and sauces, such as jam swirled on top before baking or fresh fruit.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 3 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 24 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 3½ cups sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, melted butter, and ground almonds with a rubber spatula. Press mixture into the bottom of a springform pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add 1½ cups of the sugar and the cornstarch; cream together. Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each one. Stir in 1½ cups of the sour cream.
- Pour this batter into the springform pan and bake for about 1 hour. The middle of the cheesecake should jiggle slightly when finished. Remove from oven and cool at room temperature. Refrigerate and chill completely overnight.
- With an electric mixer, whip 2 cups of sour cream with ½ cup sugar and the vanilla.
- Top the chilled cheesecake with the whipped sour cream mixture; smooth the top. Let the cake set in the refrigerator, covered, for 2 hours before serving.