There is controversy over which cheese is best in this hot hero sandwich, so feel free to use your favorite cheese instead of provolone. Red cherry peppers and sautéed mushrooms are a tasty addition.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup sliced onions
- ¼ cup green pepper slices
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. strip steak, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 sub bun (12")
- Over medium heat. sauté onions and peppers in olive oil; set aside. Sauté steak in butter until cooked through. Toss onions and peppers in with the meat.
- Top the meat with the provolone. Scoop meat with everything on it onto bun. Cut sandwich in half.