Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Enjoy the flavors of a cheesesteak sandwich without the carbs in these easy – and oh-so-cheesy – stuffed bell peppers.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 bell peppers, tops cut off and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 package (14 oz.) Kroger Brand Beef Shaved Steak
- 1 package (12 oz.) Kroger Brand Recipe Beginnings Riced Cauliflower
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In baking dish, arrange peppers cut-side down. Add enough water to cover bottom.
- Cover pan with foil; bake 15 minutes. Remove foil. Drain water; flip peppers so they’re cut-side up.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook onion 4 to 6 minutes, until softened and lightly browned. Remove onions from pan.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add beef; season with salt, garlic powder and pepper. Continue cooking 4 to 6 minutes or until no pink remains.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cauliflower rice, cream cheese and cooked onions. Continue cooking, stirring until combined and heated through.
- Divide mixture evenly between pepper cups. Top each with 1 slice cheese.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is browned.
- Refrigerate leftovers.