Cheesy Bean Flautas
These crispy flautas are easy and delicious. Since they’re baked instead of deep-fried, you get all the traditional Mexican flavors with less mess. Plus, they’re much healthier for you, too!
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 large flour tortillas (8-9" diameter)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with paper and 1 tablespoon olive oil. In a bowl, combine black beans, corn, garlic powder and salt.
- Rub one side of each tortilla with olive oil. On center of non-oiled side, drop 2 tablespoons black bean and corn filling. Top with cheeses and roll tightly.
- On prepared baking sheet, place tortillas seam-side down. Secure with toothpick if needed. Spritz or lightly brush tortillas with oil to help them crisp in oven.
- Bake on center rack 10-15 minutes, or until golden and crispy. To serve, drizzle with sour cream and spicy sauce. Garnish with parsley. Refrigerate any leftovers.