Cheesy Bolognese Pasta Bake
There’s no need to choose between cheesy or tomato-based pasta sauces; this mouthwatering pasta bake has the best of both worlds!
Prep: 10 minutesCook: 1 hour 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup Parmesan, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Once hot, cook onion until tender. Add ground beef and ground pork. Crumble; continue cooking until browned.
- Stir in tomatoes, beef broth, Italian seasoning, garlic and tomato paste. Simmer 30 to 35 minutes.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving ¼ cup pasta water.
- In pot used to cook pasta, add reserved water and mascarpone. Cook over low heat. Add cheddar cheese; stir until smooth. Add cooked pasta. Toss until coated.
- In 3-quart casserole dish, spread meat in an even layer. Spoon pasta mixture over meat. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden and crisp on edges.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.